Bethlehem, PA Real Estate Law
Sigmon & Sigmon, P.C.
If you are purchasing a property that is newly constructed, or an existing one, Sigmon & Sigmon P.C. will negotiate directly with the builders and the owners. During construction, we oversee the project to make sure that the terms of the contract and completion schedules set up by the lender are followed.
Helping you with real estate deals to ensure a good purchase or selling price
- Negotiating the contract with the buyer's or seller's attorney to maximize protection for our clients
- Advising our clients of the necessity to get environmental testing
- Arranging for home and structural inspections
- Arranging for insect infestation inspections
- Interacting with the real estate broker to make sure the deal is progressing on schedule
- Obtaining tax clearance or good standing certificates
- Solving zoning issues
Zoning ordinances must be adhered to by owners of real property. We assist clients in making the proper zoning applications for residential and commercial properties.
Lien searches and resolutions
If there is a lien on the property that you wish to purchase, we’ll make sure it’s taken care of before the acquisition.
There may be a lien on property if:
- Seller had previously borrowed money to purchase equipment and pledged the real estate as collateral
- Equipment is not paid off at the time of the sale
- If there is a lien, it will encumber the property and you will not have clear title, so we protect our clients by negotiating with sellers to make sure that liens are paid off
Protecting purchasers of real estate
If you’re purchasing real estate, you will need many documents in place before closing on your property. Our attorneys will make sure the paperwork is legally binding.
Helping you through the paper trail
- Getting title insurance
- Obtaining information from the lender
- Preparing the required closing statements
- Satisfying outstanding liens on the property
- Paying for items required by the lender
- Recording the deed, mortgage, and other documents
Contact Sigmon & Sigmon, P.C. online at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call us at 610-865-3404 for help with your next real estate purchase or sale.